NJEA & Radio Disney present Solvable Science Across New Jersey!
Win a Family Fun Night for your school which includes games, fun, prizes, and a special visit from a Disney Channel celebrity!
From Albert Einstein to Thomas Edison to Carl Sagan, New Jersey boasts some of our nation’s most talented scientists and inventors. Now it is your students’ turn to join their ranks by coming up with a solution to a problem that exists in your school, home, or neighborhood.
Solvable Science Across New Jersey runs from Nov. 1, 2013 through March 1, 2014.
Here’s how to enter:
- Pick your team: Decide if you would like to enter as a small group, classroom, grade, or school. You can send in as many entries as you’d like.
- Identify the problem: Perhaps students are not recycling at lunch or forgetting their math facts. Maybe your students are looking for a safer way to be visible in their neighborhoods while playing or riding their bikes. Or maybe Fido is getting paw prints all over the kitchen floor. There may already be some solutions to these problems, but your students might have an even better idea.
- Brainstorm solutions: Explore the various ways to solve the problem. Maybe creating a game, device, or contraption would do the trick.
- Create your invention: If you can actually make your invention, go ahead! If it is too costly or too cumbersome, have students make a poster or step-by-step diagram showing what they would like to do.
- Send it in with the attached form!
All entries must be received by March 7, 2014. Winners will be notified by phone and letter by March 30, 2014.