Throughout the course of the year, the Philadelphia Phillies have a number of educational programs that reach students, educators and parents. Learn how you can take advantage of the free educational line-up the Phillies have to offer!
- The 15th annual Teacher Appreciation Night presented by GDF SUEZ honors area educators for their hard work for and dedication to their students. Students, parents and peers can nominate a teacher making a difference. 10 winners will be selected and honored as Teacher All-Stars prior to the Friday, May 8 game. Teachers receive ticket discounts and a Teacher Appreciation Night gift with valid school id.
- On March 31 the Phillies will release a 16-page educational booklet, Phil-Up with Knowledge, that will examine the history of Phillies’ baseball, introduce students to the diverse background of Phillies’ players, happenings at the ballpark and much more! Educators will learn how to incorporate Phil-Up with Knowledge into their classroom by attending a Teacher Workshop on March 31 at Citizens Bank Park. Registration required for both the educational booklet and workshop.
- The Phillies Lesson Plan Contest asks educators to share how they are incorporating the Phillies into their classroom. One Grand Prize and four Honorable Mention winners will be selected to have their lessons published on phillies.com and will share their plans at the March 31 Phil-Up with Knowledge workshop.
- On April 25 the Phillies are will celebrate science with the 5th annual Philadelphia Science Festival Night at the Ballpark presented by Dow. Science exhibits will line the concourse and students can visit each station to earn stamps. Collect five stamps and receive a Science Night water bottle. Philadelphia Science Night curriculum and ticket discounts are available.
- Throughout the season, The Phillies will honor area high school students as Extraordinary Scholars of the Month. Students must be a sophomore or junior during the 2014/15 school year, maintain a 3.0/B average (or equivalent) and submit an essay explaining how they are bettering their community through service.
- The Phillies Red Goes Green Sustainability Initiative Contest asks teachers to submit a description of sustainability efforts in their classroom. The winning teacher will be recognized on field prior to the Wednesday, April 22 game when the Phillies celebrate sustainability during Red Goes Green Night presented by Citizens Bank. The winning classroom will also be treated to complimentary tickets to the game.
- Phillies Phitness presented by NovaCare Rehabilitation is taking place at local schools all over the tri- state area. The goal of the program is to help put children in grades K-12 on the path to a healthy future through exercise and smart food choices. When you enroll your class/after-school program you receive supplies for the program with health tips and exercises, a chance to have Phillies Phitness come to your school, and the opportunity to nominate one of your students to participate in Phillies Phitness Night, which will take place on Wednesday, August 26th when the Phillies take on the New York Mets. Please call the ticket office at 215-463-5000 for information on discounted tickets for that night. For more information please visit www.phillies.com/phitness or email firstname.lastname@example.org.