|2016 NJEA Image Award recipient Carla Hinds.
NJEA is accepting nominations for the 2017 Ethnic Minority Affairs & Leadership Image Award, which honor members who have been champions of ethnic-minority rights/issues and have significantly impacted education and the achievement of equal opportunity for those facing discrimination due to their ethnicity.
Must have been an NJEA active or retired member in good standing for the past three years. Must complete application form and submit by the deadline.
- Impacts ethnic-minority NJEA members.
- Performs one of the following activities:
- Establishes programs that engage and involve the community in the improvement
of public education for all students.
- Promotes the inclusion of diversity and social justice education in in-service and
pre-service programs as well as in association training.
- Works in partnership with other agencies/groups to promote ethnic-minority
educational issues within their community.
- Demonstrates leadership in ethnic-minority issues.
- Nominees must be an individual who has worked in the area of ethnic-minority
- Nominations will be accepted from individual active or retired members or NJEA
local and county affiliates.
- Nominations must be accompanied by appropriate documentation which may
include: newspaper clippings, newsletters, online reports, programs, certificates,
citations, pictures, etc.
- Nomination applications, photos, and supporting documents must be received via
email by Monday, Feb. 27, 2017
- The award recipient must be available to attend the awards dinner at the Minority
Leadership & Recruitment Conference on May 5, 2017 at the Renaissance
Woodbridge Hotel, Iselin, NJ.
- The Minority Leadership & Recruitment Committee will make the final selection
with the approval of the NJEA Executive Committee.
Questions? Email Thomas Hardy at firstname.lastname@example.org.