Hurricane Sandy spared the Ocean Place Resort, so we are happy to report that the conference will go on as scheduled! Save the date and plan to join your colleagues for an invigorating two days from November 29 to December 1, 2012. There is still time to register. Advance registration for the conference has been extended to midnight on November 23rd.
The conference planning committee has put together an annual conference that will provide you with more tools and techniques to advocate for yourself and your library in these turbulent times, while addressing the needs of your students and supporting your school's curriculum.
Thursday, November 29
- CISSL Workshop
- Pre-conference Exhibits Reception – Your chance to preview the exhibit hall, visit with vendors and network with your peers. Dessert reception, raffle drawings
- Inspirational Workshop: 50 Shades Applied: Bringing Your Passions off the Page and to the Page - Join author and editor Rona Gofstein to reconnect with your own passions, create the beginning of a main character for a story/novel, and create an action plan for taking time to write and/or making your personal passions more of a priority.
Friday, November 30
- Opening General Session featuring Kate Campbell Stevenson. Keynote address: “Women: Back to the Future”
- Full day of Workshops on such topics as new technologies, intellectual freedom, advocacy, programming and professional development
- Retiree’s Reception/Business Meeting
- Author's Banquet featuring Robert Sabuda. Keynote address: "Travels Through Time and Space"
Saturday, December 1
- Leadership Breakfast--this year's breakfast will offer multiple opportunities to meet several of the prominent leaders in our profession, including Mary Chute, our new State Librarian; Susan Ballard, new President of AASL; Pat Tumulty, Executive Director of NJLA; Cheryl O'Connor, Executive Director; Sophie Brookover, Program Coordinator and Social Media Manager of LibraryLinkNJ; Dr. Marcus Childress, incoming President of AECT; Donna Haye, 2011 AASL Distinguished School Administrator; and Chris Harris, Coordinator, School Library System at Genesee Valley BOCES.
- Full morning of more informative Workshops
- Special Hands-On Workshop with Robert Sabuda
The preliminary conference program is now available. Please note that sessions and times are still subject to change:
ATTEND THE CONFERENCE
For questions about registration, please email Susan Steinhardt, firstname.lastname@example.org.
NJASL has a block of rooms on hold at the Ocean Place Resort & Spa at a special conference rate of $142/single or $152/double plus tax and gratuity for our attendees. Make your reservations by November 15, 2012 to ensure these special room rates.
To make your reservation via phone: 732-571-4000
You may also make a reservation online at www.oceanplace.com.
Be sure to mention that you are with NJASL for the Conference Rate!