A lot of money comes out of your paycheck for your association dues. That money goes to support your local association, to the New Jersey Education Association (NJEA), which is the state association, and to the National Education Association (NEA).
Your dues dollars generate big dividends. Did you know that because of NJEA’s hard work, when you retire after 25 years of service, you earn lifetime health benefits? This benefit alone allows you to recoup all of your dues investment in just the first two years of retirement.
Over the last 25 years, a member has paid $6,170 in dues. This amount is recouped in less than one year of free family coverage under the State Health Benefits Plan after retirement. In just two years, a member can recoup dues money in single coverage.
Lifetime health coverage is just one benefit of your NJEA membership.
NJEA also advocates for you in many ways.
- NJEA provides a multitude of professional development opportunities, such as the NJEA Convention.
- NJEA lobbyists pursue legislation that protects our members and public schools.
- NJEA members are eligible to receive scores of discounts through the Member Benefits program.
- NJEA publications provide up-to-date information on issues affecting members and their professional careers.
- NJEA field staff bring negotiations expertise to your local’s doorstep.
These are only a few of the services brought to you from NJEA headquarters and 21 UniServ offices located across the state.