NJEA announces a vacancy in the Communications Division for an associate director of communications/visual communications.
- Provide visual communication and design services to all NJEA divisions, ensuring a positive and consistent image of NJEA and its affiliates.
- Assist and coordinate with NJEA editors with writing, editing, and assembling copy, art, photographs and other materials for both NJEA printed and digital publications.
- Coordination of design projects – Coordinate and schedule all aspects of the NJEA in-house design studio.
- Work with Information Systems to monitor, maintain and upgrade computer hardware and software as needed.
- Training – Develop and conduct training programs in visual communications, especially for presentation at Summer Leadership Workshops and at events sponsored by the NJEA Editorial Committee.
- General Assistance – Aid as requested with other activities of the Association's Communications Division and with general assignments common to all Association staff members, including but not limited to field assistance to local and county associations.
A candidate must be an accomplished graphic artist/designer and must be expert in Macintosh systems using the latest graphic design software and hardware. A candidate should also have extensive experience in the production of printed materials. A candidate should possess a high degree of intelligence and imagination; should be a good writer and speaker, able to transfer complex ideas into simple, direct prose and visuals; should be familiar with the organization and operation of public schools as well as with the attitudes of school staffs and the activities of their representative organizations.
Training & Experience
Candidate must be an accomplished graphic artist/designer and must be expert in computer-based graphics and design software. Experience in the production of printed materials and their specifications is mandatory. Demonstrable interpersonal skills and the ability to work cooperatively with a wide range of individuals are central to the daily performance of this position. Professional training and experience in journalistic writing, public relations, and education are desirable. Experience in public school teaching or employment and organizational leadership activities are desirable.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, résumé, and portfolio electronically to:
Steve Wollmer, Director
NJEA Communications Division
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.