NJEA announces a vacancy for an associate director for video production in the Communications Division.
Directly responsible to the Director of Communications for the development, production, archiving and distribution of NJEA-produced video projects.
- Produce original internal video for association conferences, conventions, special events, online professional development courses, website display and social media outreach.
- Organize video content from concept to production. Coordinate video content on the internet and in social media.
- Video Project Administration – Responsible for all aspects of production from concept to post-production and distribution, including budget, script approval and adaptation, recruiting talent and conducting interviews, scheduling and supervising video crews, production vendors, videotaping, and teleprompter operation. Post-production skills must include writing, editing, color corrections, animation, music and voiceover editing.
- Archiving – Maintain digital and tape video archive databases, cataloguing and digitizing projects for video stored offsite including climate-controlled environments. Maintain budgets and financial records for these accounts.
- Video Library – Create and maintain an archive of NJEA historic and educational videos for staff use, including a staff video gallery web page.
- Technological requirements – Must be knowledgeable and experienced in the creative use of a variety of software titles, including nonlinear editing software and Adobe Premiere Pro, for video used in multiple formats from large screen to internet viewing. Must have a working knowledge of software titles related to digital images editing and archiving, including Adobe Photoshop, Portfolio and Bridge, along with expertise in software titles related to video, including After Effects, Camtasia and MPeg Streamclip, and XDCAM files along with Apple software titles. Must be experienced in the use of Brightcove, NJEA’s online video platform, and Wordpress, a web content management system.
- Classroom Close-up, NJ video and digital assets – Responsible for supervising and maintaining the Classroom Close-up, NJ digital and tape archives; keeping the Classroom Close-up, NJ video database populated with video and images; updating web pages, media gallery and social media using the NJEA video platform and web content management system; and supervising the processing of Classroom Close-up, NJ digital images with meta data for long-term catalogued storage.
- Professional Development – Possess a proven ability to independently keep abreast of evolving video technology in order to fulfill all requirements of this job.
- Videotaping – Must be able to videotape using various video cameras and a teleprompter both in the field and in the NJEA studio. Must be responsible for supervising the maintenance of equipment, providing supplies, and keeping the accounts of the A/V equipment budget.
- General Assistance – Assist as requested with other activities of the Association’s Communications Division and with general assignments common to all Association staff members.
Resume and letter of interest
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest by email to Steve Baker at email@example.com by Thursday, Dec. 15.
An application will be forwarded for completion based on a review of the submitted resume.
NJEA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.